Student Advising Services

Student Advising Services serves as a resource for both advisors and advisees, providing information on course registration and academic policies and procedures to help students navigate their educational paths. Special attention is given to particular categories of students: at-risk, transfer, first-year, international, and exploratory.

Academic Advising at Spring Hill College

Academic Advisor Assignments

All students will be assigned an academic advisor in their department. All academic advisors are faculty members who teach in the discipline. Students can access information about their advisor, including email, by navigating to the Academics Tab on BadgerWeb. Should a student wish to change to a different advisor, they will submit the Major/Minor/Advisor Change Form. In some situations approval from the Department Chair will be required to change advisors.

Obtaining Registration Clearance

Each semester students must obtain registration clearance from their assigned academic advisor. Each advisor will have their own way of scheduling advising appointments. Students should reach out to their assigned advisor directly prior to registration.

Declaring an Academic Major

It a recommended that a student declare their academic major by the end of their Sophomore Year. For some programs, it is recommended that a student declare earlier so that they are able to complete all program requirements. Students can declare or change their major using the Major/Minor/Advisor Change Form.

Military Service Members

Military service members who experience a disruption in their studies due to military orders will work with the Director of Advising,, to create a plan for continuation of their studies. Military service members can request an academic leave of absence and continue their studies when they have completed their military orders. More information about the Military Withdrawal/Leave of Absence process can be found here.

Military service members who require academic accommodations for documented disabilities will work with the Director of Academic Support,, to coordinate classroom accommodations. More information about the process for requesting and using academic accommodations can be found here.

Military services members looking for support on career exploration and career development should contact the Director of Career Development,, for support.