Students may make arrangements with their professor for testing accommodations or make arrangements to take tests in the Student Advising Services office on the 1st floor of the Lucey Administration Building. Appointments for testing in the SAS office can be scheduled from 8:30am-12:00pm and from 1:00pm-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
Before Your Test:
- If you plan on taking the exam with your professor, make arrangements to take the exam with them at least 1 week prior to your exam. You do not need to fill out any forms or documentation. Remember, your professor is only obligated to give you accommodations if you have provided them your accommodations letter and discussed your accommodations with them.
- If you plan on taking the exam in the Center for Academic Support and Advising, fill out the Testing Accommodation Form at least 1 week prior to your test. You need to meet with your professor to have them fill out the professor portion of the form. It is your responsibility to return the form to the Center for Academic Support and Advising.
- If you need to reschedule because of extenuating circumstances, or a change in the test schedule, submit a Reschedule Test Form, which must be signed and approved by your professor. Rescheduling tests needs to be arranged with the Center for Academic Support and Advising at least 3 business days prior to the test date.
On the Day of Your Test:
- Arrive at the Center for Academic Support and Advising at least five minutes prior to the time of your test. You will not be given additional time if you arrive late.
- Bring only the materials that were indicated by the professor on the Testing Accommodations form. All other items including backpacks and cellphones will be left outside the testing room with CASA staff.
- If you arrive after your scheduled exam time, you may only be given the time left for your exam appointment or you may not be permitted to take your exam. Your professor will be notified of the time you arrived for the exam. You may have to make arrangements with your professor to take the exam at another time.
While taking your exam in the Center for Academic Support and Advising, you will be expected to adhere to academic honesty standards. If you are suspected of academic dishonesty by a staff member, your professor will be notified immediately.